Ontario School District Goals
Ontario School District Strategic Goals
Student Achievement for all Kids
All students will show continuous growth towards their personalized learning goals and will be prepared for post-secondary education and/or career success.
Communication and Collaboration
Provide frequent, clear, and results-driven communications in order to support student achievement by building a positive school and district image, fostering trust, instilling pride, and engaging all stakeholders (school, family, and community) through:
- Establishing and maintaining community partnerships
- Encouraging volunteering/participation within our schools
- Creating opportunities for participation and collaboration in school and district initiatives and goals
Recruit, Support, Develop and Retain Highly Effective Staff
To improve the learning and education opportunities for all students by continuing to build staff capacity to perform at a high level by investing in professional growth opportunities, providing new teacher mentoring and support, promoting communication and collaboration among staff, and fostering a positive culture.
2019-2021 OSD Instructional Plan
Understanding the power of our student’s language production will elevate to academic content. Language is a critical tool for communicating what we know, how we feel, and how we connect with others to fill participate as engaged citizens. Locally, not all students have the same access to language, especially academic English needed for success in school and life. This presents an equity challenge. Yet, as a team, we can convert this equity challenge into an opportunity by elevating access to academic language.
We will accomplish this by:
• Developing a coherent curriculum plan, aligned vertically and horizontally by standards, and amplified by attention to language use;
• Teachers will compose learning experiences through intentional planning that compel students to use language in authentic, purposeful ways;
• Students will have the opportunity to access ideas, content, and compelling experiences that afford the choices to define their own path;
• We do this by leveraging the “three moments” in planning with the end in mind, anticipating the language demands inherent in our standards.
The District believes that in a school community, communication is open, participation is widespread, teamwork is prevalent, and diversity is incorporated. The District shares with staff members and students a vision for the future of the school, a common sense of purpose, and a common set of values.
District Goals Equal Access and Opportunity
The District is committed to providing all students who attend Ontario Schools with an equal opportunity to reach the highest student standards.
The District believes quality individual staff members are a critical element to achieving all other goals. Therefore, the Board will establish, maintain, and follow policies and procedures that will assure that the District recruits and retains only the top administrators, teachers, and other employees.
The District will provide facilities that promote a quality comprehensive education in a safe and secure environment.
The District will provide the widest possible range of academic and co-curricular opportunities for all students.
The District will promote and advance the use of technology in instruction and application.
The District will develop and support programs that encourage academic excellence in all areas and cause all students to meet/exceed state achievement benchmarks at their earliest potential. The District will establish systems for regularly assessing and reporting student achievement.
- O Positive
- Online Registration 2020-2021
- COVID Resources & School Safety Information
- About Us
- District Data
- Student Success Act
- Intradistrict Transfer Requests
- Compliance Announcements
- News Archive
- School Board
- Sites for Students
- Staff Resources
- School Information