COVID-19 Info & Updates
- If a student has one primary symptom of covid they can return once symptoms are improving or 24 hours fever free if only reporting fever.
- If the student has two primary symptoms (cough, chills/fever over 100.4, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing & new loss of taste or smell) then we will do what we have done for the last 2 years. Student will be excluded for 5 days. They can return sooner with improvement of symptoms AND negative covid test or medical note stating student has an alternative medical diagnosis.
Mask Mandate Lifts March 12th:
The marker for lifting the state mask mandate has been moved forward, once again. The shift from mask requirements to mask recommendations in schools will begin on Saturday, March 12th, according to a statement from the Washington, California, and Oregon Governors, on Monday, Feb. 28th.
This means that masking will become a recommendation, rather than a requirement, for students and staff when they return to our schools and worksites on Monday, March 14th. We will continue to strongly recommend face masks as a mitigating measure for students and staff, especially for those at high risk of contracting COVID-19. There may be special circumstances where a staff member may ask certain students to wear a mask for short periods of time due to personal illness or risk levels. These cases will be addressed on a personal basis between teachers and their classrooms, etc. We ask that you show our staff and students grace and understanding if/when these circumstances arise.
Safe Return to In-Person Instruction & Continuity of Service Plan
2020-2021 School Year Blueprints for Reentry
Local Health Resources
New Oregon OSHA COVID-19 Standards
It is important that our staff are supported through reentry at any capacity back into our buildings. Teachers and other school and district staff are essential partners with vital expertise. The OSD is committed to providing ongoing professional development and communication, so staff have the most-up-to-date understanding of all ODE and OHA guidance.
Supporting Staff in Schools & Building Safety
- Developed protocols for communicating possible COVID-19 exposure to staff
- Properly communicate leave notification requirements in federal and state laws to staff members (See below for more information)
- Staff are expected to follow building-specific safety procedures and rules (if you are unsure of your building's rules, please contact your building administrator)
Staff COVID Leave Information
- For specific questions or scenarios, please contact Eric Norton, Director of Human Resources 541-889-5374 ext. 3230
The priority of the Ontario School District has and always will be the health and safety of our students and staff. While we would like nothing more than to operate school as if everything were normal, we must continue our best practices to help in lowering the spread of COVID-19. We, as a district, are committed to practicing the guidelines put in place by Governor Kate Brown, the Oregon Health Authority, the Oregon Department of Education, and Malheur Country Health Department.
Inside the Classroom
- Students will physically distance to the greatest extent possible, 3-6ft when possible
- Staff and students frequently wash and/or sanitize hands
- Touch-points (light switches, doorknobs, railings, tops/sides of chairs and tables, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected frequently
- Students will be taught safety procedures for maintaining good hygiene and for maneuvering around the school campuses
- Staff greeting students, watching for students that may be exhibiting signs of illness
Inside the School
- Buildings will be cleaned prior to student entry (before and after each cohort)
- Student cohorts will still be monitored for infection spread
- Students stay in cohorts throughout the day, and physical distance when possible
- Attendance and student/staff locations throughout the building will be tracked to help with contract tracing in the event of an outbreak (contact tracing logs will be shared with the LPHA)
Can my student attend school today?
If your student is exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms below, please record their absence, HERE:
- Fever of 100.4 degrees or higher
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or loss of smell
The Ontario School District will be following the Oregon Department of Education's "COVID-19 Exclusion Summary" guidance.
Isolation Plan & COVID-19 Infection Control Plan
ESSER III District Plan
How do I access my Student Portal and Google Account for online materials?
Google Account - Spanish
Google Account - Spanish
Building Contact Information:
Aiken Elementary: (541) 889 - 5584
Alameda Elementary: (541) 889 -5497
Cairo Elementary: (541) 889 - 5745
May Roberts Elementary: (541) 889 -5379
Pioneer Elementary: (541) 262 - 3902
Ontario Middle School: (541) 889-5377
Ontario High School: (541) 889 -5309
- COVID-19 Info & Updates
- Online Registration
- About Us
- District Data
- Student Success Act
- Intradistrict Transfer Requests
- Compliance Announcements
- News Archive
- School Board
- Sites for Students
- Staff Resources
- School Information
- Summer Programs
- Safe Oregon Anonymous Reporting
Questions? Ask us here!
Questions? Ask us here!
Email Me a Copy
I'm not a Robot.
Thank you for your submission.